# Community Acquired Pneumonia (CAP)
Patient reports fever and cough, with CXR showing ***, concerning for CAP. No recent hospitalization or abx exposure.
- CBC, BMP, Lactate
- Influenza, viral panel, procalcitonin, sputum Cx per clinical scenario
- Defer BCx if clinically stable
- CTX Doxy
- s/p *** L IVF
Assessment & Plan (long)
# Hospital Acquired Pneumonia (HAP)
Patient with symptoms of *** and CXR showing ***, ≥48 hours after hospitalization, in the absence of intubation. Past cultures notable for ***.
- CBC, BMP, Lactate, sputum Cx, BCx x2, CXR
# Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
Patient with fever, leukocytosis, and increased secretions ≥48 hours after intubations, concerning for VAP. Past cultures notable for ***.
- CBC, BMP, Lactate, BAL Cx, BCx x2, CXR
- Abx: MRSA and Pseudomonal coverage