# Alcoholic Hepatitis
Patient presents with right upper quadrant abdominal pain, fever, and leukocytosis in the setting of significant alochol use, concerning for alcoholic hepatitis. Ddx also includes ***. On presentation, MELD is *** and Maddrey's Discriminant Function is ***. Empiric treatment for alcoholic hepatitis with steroids is generally indicated in patients with MDF >32.
- CBC, CMP, INR, Lactate, BCx x2
- Thiamine, Folate, multivitamin
- Dx Para if ascites present
- Consider Prednisolone 40 mg QD if no contraindications
- If receiving steroids, measure Lille score at one week, If >0.45, consider stopping steroid treatment.
- Alcohol abstinence counselling and SW assistance.